Last updated: 10th January, 2018
Introduction to this Policy This website is brought to you by Wealden Tool Company Limited ("we", "us" or "our"). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 4697332. We have our registered office and main trading address at 2 Clinton Business Centre, Lodge Road, Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0QF.
We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important terms about how we will use your information. By accessing or using the Site you agree to be bound by, and comply with, this Policy. Where you create an account on the Site you will also be required to indicate your consent to the processing of your Information as set out in this Policy. If you do not agree with or accept this Policy, you should stop using the Site immediately.
We may update this Policy from time to time in accordance with the "Changes to this Policy" section below.
Data Protection References in this Policy to:
- "Data Protection Law" means: the Data Protection Act 1998 (until repealed) ("DPA"), the Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) (until repealed) and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR") or any equivalent provision which may replace the GDPR following the formal political separation of the United Kingdom from the European Union; the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000; the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000 (SI 2000/2699); the Electronic Communications Data Protection Directive (2002/58/EC); the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2426/2003); and all applicable laws and regulations which may be in force from time to time relating to the processing of Personal Data and privacy, including where applicable the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner or any other supervisory authority, and the equivalent of any of the foregoing in any relevant jurisdiction; and
- "Personal Data", "Data Controller", "Data Processor" and "processing" shall have the meanings given to them in the DPA or, from 25 May 2018, the GDPR.
For the purposes of applicable Data Protection Law, we, Communications Advisory Service Limited are the Data Controller and therefore we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your Personal Data in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law. "Personal Data" has a legal definition but, in brief, it refers to information from which a living person can be identified. Such information must be protected in accordance with Data Protection Law.
Information we may collect about you
We will collect information about you when you visit the Site or do business with us through the Site (including setting up accounts or ordering goods from us). This information may include your name, your contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number), your payment details (i.e. relating to any payment you make to us in connection with our services), any other information we request from time to time to enable us to provide the Site and our service to you, and any other information you provide to us (together the "Information"). Some of the Information may constitute or include Personal Data.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide services and to improve and personalise our service via the Site to you.
Additionally we may collect information on your use of the Site, such as pages visited, links clicked, non-sensitive text entered, and mouse movements, as well as information more commonly collected such as the referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider ("Usage Data"). Our purpose in collecting Usage Data is to better understand how our users use the Site.
Safety of Children and COPPA
Our services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from such a person, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your Information only for as long as we need to hold it for the purposes set out in this Policy.
However, if required we will be entitled to hold Information for longer periods in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
Legal basis for processing your information
From 25 May 2018, under applicable Data Protection Law we may only process your Information if we have a "legal basis" (i.e. a legally permitted reason) for doing so. For the purposes of this Policy, our legal basis for processing your Information is:
- your consent (for which see below); or
- subject to your rights set out below (see "Your Rights"), the legitimate interest of providing services to our users through the Site, which requires the processing of your Information to enable us to provide these services.
Your consent to processing
As noted above, you will be required to give consent to the processing of your Information as set out in this Policy. We will seek this consent from you when you first submit Information to or through the Site. If you do not consent to such processing you should not submit any Information to or through the Site.
If you have previously given consent you may freely withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this through your account on the Site or by notifying us in writing using our contact details below.
If you withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your information (see above), then we will stop processing your Information. If we do have another legal basis for processing your information then we may continue to do so subject to your legal rights (for which see "Your Rights" below).
Please note that if we need to process your Information in order to operate the Site and/or provide our services, and you object or do not consent to us processing your Information, the Site and/or those services may not be available to you.
How we use your Information
We will use your Information for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and any user accounts you hold with us;
- administration of user accounts and any goods our users order from us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
-  to provide insights based on aggregated, anonymous data collected through the research and analysis referred to above;
- marketing (see ‘Marketing and opting out’ below);
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- customising the Site and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to the Site or to our services that may affect you;
- security vetting; and
- improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we and our group companies may wish to provide you with information by email about special features of the Site or any of our other goods we think may be of interest to you. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and seek your permission if we intend to use your data for such purposes. If you would rather not receive this marketing information, or you no longer wish to receive it, you can always decline and/or opt out (see below).
If you have given permission, we may also want to contact you by email to provide you with information we think may be of interest to you from carefully selected third parties. Again, we will inform you (before collecting your data) and seek your permission if we intend to use your data for such purposes. If you would rather not receive such third party information from us, or you no longer wish to receive it, you can always decline and/or opt out (see below).
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with carefully selected third party organisations and business partners and they may contact you directly (unless you have asked them not to do so) by email about goods that may be of interest to you. As above, we will inform you (before collecting your data) and seek your permission if we intend to disclose your data to third parties for such purposes. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from our business partners, or you no longer wish to receive them, you can decline and/or opt out at any time (see below).
You have the right at any time to ask us, or any third party, to stop processing your Information for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should contact us by sending an email to email@example.com, or contact the relevant third party using their given contact details, giving us or them enough information to identify you and deal with your request. Alternatively you can follow the unsubscribe instructions in emails you receive from us or them.