This replaceable tip cutter offers all the qualities of the VERSOFIX system with its coated blades plus the benefit of a guide bearing for trimming.
The cutter has the bearing on the shank and is single fluted.
NB The cutter is supplied complete with a blade.
This cutter system offers the following significant advantages:
1. Optimum cutting angle of 15° achieved through ground-in chip breaker giving good chip formation which gives lighter cuts and longer tool life.
2. Specially designed secure fixing of insert with grub screws locating in a safety groove.
3. Better and smoother chip space avoiding blockages, giving a good chip clearance even with high chipping volume.
4. Specially designed cutter end ensures perfect boring even in extra thick board. (For through holes use chamfered inserts).
5. Chip thickness limited and kick-back free, therefore suitable for use in hand routers.
6. Symmetrical design ensures the tool is perfectly balanced.
7. Length stop location to ensure precise fixing of insert with correct bottom cut.
8. Hardened tool body for heavy work load in continuous use. Teflon coating prevents undue heating and chip adherence, also achieves improved chip clearance due to the smoother surface.
N.B. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON PLASTICS OR SOLID SURFACE MATERIALSX